With the growth of translation as a business, it is no surprise why there are lots of translation software in the market today. You turn one side you meet Pairaphrase software you turn the other side and meet Text United software. These are two out of many that we have and that is exactly why I’m writing this article. I want to empower any beginner translator on the best translation software in the market and which would work efficiently for them. It is important to note that Software translators are also referred to as machine translators. So anytime you see the word machine translator automatically know I mean software translators. Without further ado, we will get directly into the best translation software for 2020.
Global link is one of the translation software that is used in the localization processes. If you are a business or an organization that wants to break into the international market with your products and services by localizing your websites to meet the cultural specification of your target market, Global link is the best software for this. Global link has inbuilt internal interfaces and features that help in making localization quite simple and easy to manage any obstacles that you would meet had you not been using the software.
The features that stand out in this software are:
- It has an IT solution for launching and maintaining multilingual websites.
- It has a localization platform that helps in customizing workflows, managing multi-vendors, storage of translation memory, and reviewing your translation.
- It also has a web-based management tool that allows for the changing, reviewing, searching, or deleting existing terms to maintain a consistent company message.
Pairaphrase is one of the software’s that support text and audio translations. This means that you can use it for your document translations and also for your audio translations. It is super versatile and quite effective if you ask me. Pairaphrase also covers a high number of language translations which means it supports a couple of language pairs that you might need to work with.
If the plan is not to localize but to directly translate your works, Pairaphrase is the best fit in assisting you to do that. This software has a special inbuilt interface that can translate up to 57 different languages.
Some of its incredible features are:
- Capacity to translate a high number of languages.
- Voice over translation where a script can be translated into an audio.
- Allows for team collaboration where teams can work together regardless of where their location is.
3. Text United
Text United is a software that has a user-friendly interface. Anyone can use it to either do direct translations and localization. When I say anyone, I mean everyone from the pros to the amateurs.
The interface is built in a way that one can carry out localize their websites without going through the entire process of getting a human translator. The cloud-based platform that is Text United supports helps in bringing together outsourced and in-house professional translators, it promises “consistent and quality translation” that outdoes the service offered by agencies working in the same market.
Some of its amazing features are;
- It has an interface that supports team collaboration where different translators can work on it at the same time regardless of location.
- It has an edit option to help in Editing the translations when proofreading.
- It has a very spot-on UI which is modern and intuitive and this is the reason it is an easy-to-use software.
- It allows integration with third-party platforms such as Dropbox, Github, Bitbucket, SharePoint, and Outlook.
The Phrase software is another translation software that is a specialist in localization. It also has a platform that allows for team collaboration. This means that a team of translators can use the software at the same time while in different locations. The platform is powered by API-driven software that extracts language data from source code and makes it available for localization through an online editor.
Phrase allows clients to lias with translators for their localization projects and come up with amazing translations all rounded.
Some of its incredible features are:
- It has an easy-to-use dashboard interface that offers a real-time analysis of the whole translation process.
- It allows tracking which means you can keep track of new tasks, missing translations, and texts that require proofreading with just a few clicks.
- Phrase sends email and in-app updates on your translation work in case you are far from the dashboard.
- Phrase allows for the adjusting of translations where you can replace phrases that have been used wrongly.
- It also has proofreading features that enable other translators on the platform to swiftly verify text if required.
Geoworkz is a software that can benefit both freelancers and company organizations. The interface is built in a way that it can handle both large scale and small-scale translation and localization work.
Some of its incredible features are:
- It has live tools that allow all translations, glossaries, and review packages to be accessible on the go.
- There also project management tools that help in asset aliasing which further controls individual or group access to all live assets, thus protecting customer security.
- It also has a live interface that enables users to review and comment on ongoing projects.
As much as it has incredible features, this software has an old-fashioned UI which might not work as well as you would love it to. It is important to first try it out before purchasing it.
Just like the name suggests, this software greats deals with localization. It helps in localizing and translating mobile apps and web content for both large- and small-scale projects. The way Lokalize works is that it allows clients to upload files they would love to localize and then it gives them the choice of edit and translating them by themselves or by using professional translators from Lokalize. Lokalize is the fastest-growing translation management system with clear UI/UX and adequate pricing, trusted by thousands of companies worldwide. It is built in a way that allows teams to collaborate and work in one place on any digital asset they might be working on. It might be web and mobile apps, games, other software, marketing, and other documents.
Some of its incredible features include:
- It allows for the translation of localized files in any format. This can be (.xml, .strings, .json, .xliff, etc
- It allows for collaboration and management of all your localization files in one platform.
- It has an interface that integrates translation into the development process.
- With the help of webhooks and other services like GtHub, Slack, JIRA, sketch the Lokalize software has an automated workflow via API.
- Adds screen shots for automatic recognition and matching with the text strings in your projects.
- It allows preview in real-time of how the translation might look on a website or a mobile app.
- Upload Sketch artboards to Lokalize and allow translators to work before development starts.
Transifex is a software that works really well with both freelancers and enterprise companies for their translation and localization works. It is known to be a cloud-based platform that helps in localizing websites, web apps and mobile app. It allows for collaboration efforts where translator teams can work on the platform at the same time and even get assigned to projects.
Some of its interesting features are:
- It allows for multilingual translations seeing that the interface has a couple of languages.
- Enables team collaboration where team members can work together on a project and even get assigned to roles for different projects.
- It allows for the translation of film subtitles.
Smartcat is a software that has an in-built interface that allows many translation activities to take place all in one. This means that it is a software that is all-inclusive. It combines a collaborative workflow solution, a marketplace, and a network of translation professionals. Simply put this means that it offers a solution for your translation problems, it goes ahead and provides translators to solve the problems for you. It allows many translators to work on it and since it’s a free platform you don’t have to worry about the licenses.
Some of its unique features are:
- It has a CAT tool that enables translation automation.
- It also has a CAT tool that enables payment automation where you can pay all suppliers in one click.
- It has a Client Portal that gives your client transparency to the translation experience.
9. SDL Trados Studio
If you are a professional translator whose aim is to get the best use out of your machine translator in one go, then the SDL Tracks Studio software is the one for you. This software allows language professionals to work on translations while reviewing and using terminologies that help in making their translations better. Seeing that is extremely easy to use because of the in-built interface it has more than 200,000 professional translators using it. You will definitely not regret using it for your professional translation works.
If you need a translation and localization software that will make your localization process more efficient, get the Memsource translation software. This software is internationally recognized for providing an intuitive yet powerful translation environment that processes two billion words per month from over 200,000 users around the world. Seeing that it allows the translation of over 400 languages, it is no wonder a lot of translators opt for it. These are but a few of the many translation software’s that we have in the market. In this article, you can at least decide on which one will come in handy for the translation work you have.
Translation is a process that deals with languages and how meanings are formulated from one language into another. Translators who have vast experience in translation
By now you already know that there are different translations. The translation process can be classified into four major categories. We have translation techniques, translation
I can’t tell you how many times I have heard people say that the internet has made the world a global village. Rightly so because